Friday, June 8, 2007

Lemony Zesty Farfalle - Hot or Cold, It's Divine

I originally planned to make a chicken, tofu stirfry for dinner, but the chicken pieces were still frozen by late afternoon. Plus, I was craving the flavor of anchovies. I recently made some Spaghetti with Tuna Sauce that called for 24 anchovies, but we only had 3, which meant that I didn't really taste any anchovies and I've been hungering for them ever since. So I took out one of my daughter Jo's favorite cookbooks when it comes to Italian food - The Italian Kitchen...can you tell?

Anyway...and the link to this week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup...I was looking for a pasta with anchovy recipe that would be different to the one I posted here last month. There were two different versions in the book (which has great photos and not just of the dish, but of the ingredients as well). Naturally I had to do a little of my usual..."I'll take one idea from here, another from there, plus some of my own and....voila!"

So what does this have to do with the roundup...well there are at least 3 different versions of lasagna this week and it got me thinking about how switching up one or two ingredients can make an entirely new dish. Exactly the reason I love, love, love cooking up pasta.

Here's my version of Lemony Zesty Farfalle with Lots of Anchovies & Grape Tomatoes. I wonder how you'll change it up.

1 comment:

TNL said...

That looks so good! I think I'd like that cold, and I'll leave out the anchovies though. :)


Cheers from Newfoundland,
Trupti