Friday, March 30, 2007

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #5




I'm so excited. It's week #5 for Presto Pasta Nights and not only are there many "Old time" contributors, there are some great new ones joining us this week. If you'd like to join - and I certainly hope you do. Here's how . I'm always impressed with the wide range of pasta dishes and how inventive we can be. So without further ado.....

Sara of I Like to Cook is back and shares this lip smacking BBQ Pork Pasta. Who says barbecue and pasta can't mix? Sounds delish to me.



Liberalfoodie joins in the fun for the first time, but hopefully not the last, with this Chicken Satay on Noodles. So glad you decided to come to the party.



Next up is another newcomer to PPN - Abby of Eat the Right Stuff delivers my all time favorite combo - shrimp and basil with a little heat in this Speedy Prawn Pasta. Excellent choice!



And Sher at What Did You Eat? is back, I'm happy to say, with a very elegant orzo dish - with pistachios & black olives to accompany a gorgeous swordfish steak.



Joey of 80 Breakfasts another first timer here, shares this all time comfort favorite - spaghetti with meat balls. I know I'm calmer just looking at the photo.


Becke of Columbus Foodie shares this decadent version of Penne with Vodka Sauce. She suggests eating it once a year as a splurge for those of us on diets. Welcome to the PPN gang - come back soon!


Alisha of Cook, Craft, Enjoy is back - and I'm so glad. This time she shares a fabulous tortellini soup with pesto. The weather made her stay indoors and forage in her pantry. I'm happy she did!





Anh at Food Lovers Journey also returns to PPN with a very healthy and hearty Vegetarian Pasta that sounds delicious and looks beautiful.



Haalo of Cook Almost Anything is back too. I love it! Can you guess how many varieties of mushrooms are in this exquisite dish of Fettucine with Mixed Mushrooms and Chevre (goat cheese)?


First timer, Eliza of Notes from My Food Diary brings this amazing Coconut Shrimp & Fish Soup for a real treat.


Rosa of Rosa's Yummy Yums is back with a really inventive dish of Pasta with Raisins and Anchovy Pesto. And a new fact for me - "Poor" person's version of anchovy pesto uses sardines. Maybe I can trick my Honey!


And my own birthday bash included this Roasted Mushroom & Asparagus Peppery Pasta. It was inspired by two different cookbooks and me being too lazy to go out for groceries.





Passover starts on Monday, and for my Jewish PPN friends, I wanted to include a Passover friendly pasta. So I asked the wonderful BurekaBoy if he could whip something up. Not one to do things in a small way, we get Potato Gnocchi, with lovely photos and - especially spectacular - a video for those of us (like me) who are inept at it. How many times can I say WOW!!!! and thanks.




Ros at Living to Eat, stumbled upon PPN and she prepared this truly breath-taking, scene-stealing dish of Shrimp on Squid Ink Pasta. So glad you thought to drop by!




Late arrivals:


Tanya at Veggie Love found some interesting pasta at her local market - Roasted Garlic & Beet pasta. The uncooked pasta was red and turned pink after cooking. I must remember it for next Valentine's Day.


Amy of Nook & Pantry, last but certainly not least, brings this magnificent Spaghetti alla Carbonara. So glad you made it to the party.

I will be adding late additions to this week's Presto Pasta Night until Saturday. Any I receive after that will be part of next week's PPN Event. So don't forget to join the fun. Remember that ALL noodles dishes count as pasta for this fun event. Find out how to participate here.

In the meantime....Happy Pasta Eating!!!

Related links:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I picked up another pasta-treat at the farmer's market, and came back to scout out sauces. What a fabulous resource.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pasta dishes. Thanks for another great event!

Anonymous said...

Who would like penne al salmone dish?

Ruth Daniels said...

PPN #11 is coming up, so a penne with salmon would be wonderful.