Thursday, July 20, 2006

Shepherd's Pie with a Twist

Lamb Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping
Okay, I admit, it's not the prettiest picture I've ever taken (although the dish did look that orange), but it sure tasted good.

My usual Shepherd's Pie is more like a meat loaf with potato topping. My daughter Sharron (after 20 years of eating it) finally told me she likes the "looser" kind. So when I saw a lamb version that looked very juicy in the latest issue of Olive Magazine - a great read, I decided to try it out. Of course, she's in Chile so she won't be eating any...maybe if she reads this, it will entice her to come home...a mom can wish, can't she?

Anyway, being on the South Beach Diet, I try to stay away from potatoes so I thought I'd do a version of the pie with sweet potatoes instead. It was delicious, so I thought I'd share. I rounded out the dinner with a side of sauteed broccoli and dessert was some low fat mocha mousse.

Menu


Related links:

4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I like the sound of this a lot.

funwithyourfood said...

Sweet potatoes are wonderful. They pack so much more nutrition too!

teddy

G said...

oooh that does sound delicious. I love sweet potatoes and I bet they are a perfect match for a lamb dish like this. I hope your daughter is very enticed!

Anonymous said...

I missed this post earlier! Darn! I'm with Kalyn, I like this recipe a lot, too.

Paz