Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ask Ruth Your Cooking Questions

I can't believe this but it's true. Back in July I planned on having a sister site that would respond to cooking questions like - "What can I use if I don't have parchment paper?", or "What IS a courgette?" (it's a zucchini).

Since then I've been juggling blog writing with the writing/editing of my cookbook Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories - Recipes to Warm the Heart (I know, I know...you've heard about it to death and when am I going to be publishing the thing?) Believe me, I'll be making so much noise, you all know about it.

Anyway, I digress...I've been so very fortunate to have recipe testers from around the world provide me with much needed feedback. Of course I love to hear when the recipes are perfect, but even more important, when things need clarification. And that's where some of these questions come into play. I do have a Cooking Primer section in the cookbook that includes a glossary and conversion tables, plus Cooking 101 tips for things like searing meat and trussing a chicken or turkey. Somehow, I forgot about my AskRuth site and only yesterday decided it was time to get the ball rolling and post a few questions and answers myself.

Much to my horror, someone had asked me a question about chocolate ice cream. I have no idea when he left it for me except that it was at 7:48 a.m. whatever morning it was - could be yesterday, could be back in August. You can check the Welcome Comments for my very late answer.

I promise to do much better with answering your questions in the future. So just for fun, or whenever you get stumped, hop on by. I'll be looking for you.

No comments: