Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Potato & Sweet Potato Pie- The Recipe
Potato, Spinach & Sweet Potato Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes (or whatever your favourite is)
1 sweet potato
150 g baby spinach, wilted, drained & coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
2 sheets of parchment paper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 - 425 degrees F/220 degrees C
2. Line a round oven-proof dish that is 1 1/2 - 2" deep with a round of well oiled parchment paper and sprinkle with some rosemary, salt & pepper.
3. Slice potatos into 1/2" rounds and arrange in a circular fashion to cover the bottom of the dish. Arrange as prettily as you can as this will really be the top when you serve it. Make two layers, sprinkling with rosemary & pepper between each layer and drizzle a little olive oil.
4. Slice the sweet potato and repeat as for potatoes.
5. Make sure the spinach is well drained after you steam it for a few minutes to wilt it, toss with garlic, coarsely chop and cover the sweet potatoes evenly.
6. Add the last two layers of potatoes and season as above. Cover with another layer of oiled parchment and place something heavy on top. (I use a nest of clay souffle dishes).
7. Bake at 400-425F/200/220C for one hour.
8. Loosen the sides and invert the dish over a plate - don't forget to remove the layer of parchment first!
9. Remove the top parchment, sprinkle with more rosemary, slice in wedges and serve.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes Vegetables