Cocoa Flaxmeal Muffins
adapted from cbananahammock
Prep time: less than 10 minutes
Bake time: 12 -15 minutes
Makes 9 large muffins
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp canola oil
¼ cup Splenda (or whatever sugar substitute you use) she used sugar free syrup, but I couldn’t find any
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup flaxmeal
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon (sometimes I leave this out)
2 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
¼ - ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
2. In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with a fork . Beat in the oil, applesauce, sugar, water and vanilla
3. In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry to the wet,mix well and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
5. Line large muffin tins with paper cups and spray them with low cal butter flavored spray.
6. Spoon the batter into the cups and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
7. Remove the muffins from the baking tin at once and let them cool on a rack.
Once they are cool, store them in a ziplock baggie to keep them moist.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes South Beach Diet Low Carb Diet