Chile Rubbed Chicken & Mango Salsa
From William Sonoma Chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Total Cooking time: 10 minutes
For rub & chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ancho chile powder
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
1 large clove of garlic, minced
For the salsa:
1 ripe mango, diced
1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
Grated zest of ½ lime
Juice of ½ lime
1. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the rub (except the chicken).
2. Flatten the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap so they get to an even thickness. This will ensure the meat is cooked through without being underdone at one end and dried out at the other. Rub both sides of the chicken with the rub and leave covered on the counter for up to 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
3. In the meantime, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and let the flavors come together for an hour. (You can prepare this the day before serving as well)
4. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or so per side. You can do this on a BBQ, under the broiler in your oven or using a grill pan on top of the stove. The chicken is done when it is no longer pink and juices run clear.
5. Serve the chicken with the salsa.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes