Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Can't Believe it's Thursday!

Wow! I'm not sure where the week went. I love long weekends, and Canada Day lasted from Friday to Tuesday in this house. That meant lots of running around, lazing about and...well...not writing...oops. And, even worse, no pasta dishes all week! Impossible, but true.

Well I have been writing and researching, but not publishing.

I do have lots of new cookbooks to review...the first one up is Robin Miller's Robin to the Rescue and I was hoping to showcase one of her scrumptious pastas for this week's Presto Pasta Night. One challenge I have with this publisher is that I can only share recipes if they are already somewhere on the internet.

Robin does have a bazillion scrumptious recipes on the foodnetwork . ..but most of them are from her earlier TV show Quick Fix and the book by the same name. Do check them out. They are great for those rushy nights and her newest book - Robin to the Rescue carries on that tradition....fast, interesting dishes and I have lots ear-marked, like Linguine with Porcini Vermouth Sauce. So stay tuned for my own rendition of it one of these days...and what about Artichoke Manicotti in Pesto Cream or Three Mushroom Spinach Fettuccine.

The rest of the book looks fantastic too...after all there is more to life than just pasta...like desserts...blueberry nectarine galette or mains...chile lime marinated skirt steak, spicy chicken meatballs with tomato-lime dip, herb crusted flounder fillets in roasted garlic sauce... they are all going to make their way to our table this summer.

And the best part of Robin's recipes...all easy to prepare and use easy to find ingredients. No wonder her show in the US (unfortunately for us north of the border) is such a success.

Don't forget that tomorrow is Presto Pasta Nights and I'm hosting, so email me your entries at ruth@4everykitchen.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss this week Ruth due to TWO birthdays and too many projects..but I will be back next..
and I can't wat to look at what everyone has done!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Thanks for hosting this week's Presto Pasta Night! So many interesting pasta dishes! We hope to keep doing the Presto Pasta Night, because it seems that's the only way I'll be able to get my pasta fix, ;)