Friday, August 3, 2007

Presto Pasta Night Roundup 23



Here we are with another wonderful Presto Pasta Night Roundup – just 3 more to the big 6 month anniversary (can you say that? Probably not, but you know what I mean). I need some ideas from you for a really big celebration. This week, whether you say tomAto or tomAHto, there are tons of choices. Check them all out and look at all the other wonderful pasta choices too.

Gilli of So So Simple Foods is back and first in this week with a lovely Italian Meatball & Pasta Soup.


Kevin of Closet Cooking is another terrific PPN regular and this week cooks up a rich and tasty Marinara Sauce.


Amy of Nook & Pantry shares an awesome Spaghetti alla Carbonara with Basil & Mushrooms. I'm drooling, what about you?


Katie of Thyme For Cooking is back with a fantastic summer idea. She takes making Fresh Tomato Sauce to a new and "perfect for a hot summer day" art.


Becke, my favorite Columbus Foodie is back with this awesome improvised Crab Linguine. I love it!


Myriam of Once Upon a Tart, a fantastic PPNer is back with this exotic Lasagna...you'll have to check out the recipe for her secret.


Cara of Cara's Cravings is back with a rant about crockpots (I share her frustration) and a perfect noodle alternative - Spaghetti Squash this time with Chicken and Broccoli.


Abby who always Eats the Right Stuff is back with one of my favorite dishes Pasta Puttanesca. I don't know which I love more - saying it or eating it. Okay....eating it, obviously.


Chris of Mele Cotte missed PPN fun last week and made up for it with a vengence. He made his own Tomato Sauce and uses it on a gorgeous Walnut Pesto Ravioli and a Quick Lasagna. Hope he put some in the freezer for other spontaneous creations.


Elizabeth, of Invite the Party is back with what is my favorite (don't you love how many "favorite" things I have) dish to make this time of year...fresh Basil Pesto. Here it is on some pasta with lovely homegrown cherry tomatoes.


Ashley of Eat Me, Delicious is back for the second time and is almost as happy about it as I am. This time she shares Santa Fe Pasta Salad. Looks scrumptious.


Sher of What Did You Eat? is back with a great post and an even better pasta dish. This one has Broccoli, Sausages and Smoked Mozzarella.

Dayna that amazing Vegan Visitor is back with a stellar dish White Bean & Arugula Tortellini. There are no words...check it out!


Haalo of Cook (Almost)Anything is back with Cortecce with Prawns, Capiscum & Chilis and sounds and looks wonderful.

C of Dish It Up of Halifax, no less, joins PPN for the first time with this Totally Easy Pasta Salad. It's perfect for picnics by the lake, don't you think.


And now for me... still no kitchen but we do have the keys to our new (and fantastic if I say so myself) apartment. Hopefully this will be the last week of no cooking. I’m anxiously waiting for all my kitchen toys and cookbooks to arrive with the rest of our stuff.

The gorgeous Seafood Linguine with a Creamy Pernod and Dill Sauce was had at Niche and the Lazybone Marinara Sauce will be one of the first things I cook once I’m settled in.


Remember - anyone out there with a pasta dish, I will continue to add submissions until Saturday . After that, I will add them to next week's PPN Event. So don't forget to join in with the rest of us Presto Pasta Nighters. It's easy and fun. Remember that ALL noodles dishes count as pasta and "presto" (ready) or "lento" (slow) are perfect. Find out how right here. In the meantime... Happy Pasta Eating!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow .. another great round-up! I'm sorry I missed it this week.

Anonymous said...

great round-up ruth. some nice ideas in there which i'll be trying out!

Katie Zeller said...

Great job, Ruth...esp. as busy as you are!
Lots of yummy recipes... and it's time for dinner, how convenient - I'm starving after all those lovely photos...

Ruth Daniels said...

Alisha, thanks and there's always next week...what'cha makin'?

Abby, thanks, sometimes I just have to flip a coin myself.

Katiez, thanks, life is a little crazy here (now there's internet challenges to boot!) but I can't imagine not doing PPN.

C, sorry I didn't get your entry, but I've added your yummy pasta salad to this week's roundup. Hope to see you back here soon.

Chris said...

Great round up! I am about to kick up my heels and get to clickin'! :)

Sarah said...

You're It ! ... Your blog is great ! and always full of ideas !

Amy said...

Yum great round up! So many more delicious recipes! There's no such thing as too much pasta.

Anonymous said...

What a great line up! I'm cooking pasta tonight! :)