Sunday, May 29, 2005

Oh Oh Katie's Coming

It's sunday afternoon and my sister-in-law called this morning to ask if they could drop by. The star of the visit would be our 5 year old niece. It was sunny when she called so I thought we'd go to the park. Now it's raining and we'll be staying in.

Naturally we were excited to see them, but I didn't have any good snacks on hand (the best indoor activity I know is eating). What to do, what to do? Well, who can resist chocolate cookies? Not Katie anyway. I just got the latest Martha Stewart Living yesterday and there was this amazing recipe for double-chocolate cookies. It's their cookie of the month recipe. Of course I can never leave well enough alone, so I made a couple of changes. First I used bittersweet chocolate chips and melted them all with the butter. Then I added 1 cup of coarsely chopped and toasted pecans after blending the flour cocoa mixture with the melted chocolate. Anyway, you'll have to wait until next month to get the recipe off the web. For now you'll have to do as I did and buy the magazine. They are very tasty indeed.

So what would you make on a rainy sunday afternoon?

No comments: