Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More Presto Pasta Night Memories

For Chapter Three of my little walk down Presto Pasta Night memory lane, I thought I'd share my take on our first Birthday Party.  There were thirty very wonderful bloggers at the table, sharing some awesome dishes.   Admittedly, the logo leaves something to be desired, but the food...

I wanted to choose my favorite entry, but as usual, there were too many "bests" for me to decide.  In fact, I couldn't even decide which of my own dishes to include so I added three to the mix that week!  Frankly, they still top my favorite list, although I've been using more pancetta than speck lately... I must remedy that.    

Shrimp, shrimp and more shrimp are often found in pasta around here.  Even if I'm exhausted, it's a simple thing to defrost some shrimp and saute it with something to make a quick sauce.  This one is with Roasted Red Peppers
The first time I heard the term "speck" I thought "spam" and was very leery.  Then I tried it and I can still taste it and am drooling. Tagliatelli con Speck Pangrattato.
Perhaps it's time to go shopping.  I'll let you try to decide which of the thirty dishes are your favorites.

I'd love to have you not only share a pasta dish, but your stories about how you first discovered Presto Pasta Night, the bloggers you've met through PPN and the friendships that have grown along the way. Don't forget to tell your friends to share a pasta dish too and make this party worthy of a Guinness World Record.

For those new to Presto Pasta Night - better late than never - here's a guideline
  • Write a post mentioning Presto Pasta Nights with a link;
  • Include my email address so all your friends can join in the fun 
  • Email it to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday, November 15th;
  • If your friends don't have a blog, I'll be happy to write up their recipe on my blog

No comments: