Friday, October 26, 2012

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #287 and Three To Go

This week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup is particularly short - there are just two of us sharing pastas, but I promise that you'll want to make them both.  They are easily vegetarian or meaty, depending on the ingredients...

Joanne of Eats Well With Others needed more comfort after the loss of her grandmother and turned a traditional dish into something unique ...an awesome Lasagna Soup.  Our heartfelt condolences, Joanne.
And then there's my dish - a perfect "hug in a bowl" - Tortellini with Mushrooms & Swiss Chard Soup.  I suppose if I had all the time in the world, I'd make my own tortellini or ravioli, but thank goodness for fresh pasta in the deli aisle of my grocery store and frozen roasted vegetable broth in my freezer to whip it up in a hurry.  

Next week, Simona of Briciole will be hosting for the NINTH time!  You can send your perfect (or not so perfect) pasta and story to her at simosite (at) mac (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday for the roundup on Friday.  

If you were paying attention at the title of this post, you're wondering what "and three to go" means.  If you didn't read the title, at least I have your attention now.... just kidding.    After over five years, and what will be 290 roundups hosted by close to 100 charming hosts and too many recipes to count, it's time to call it a day.   

On November 16th I'll be hosting the last roundup and I hope to see lots of you there.  For those who have enjoyed being a part of this over the years (I started it in 2007) I'd love to hear about your relationship with us... how you discovered Presto Pasta Night, the blogging friends you've made through those weekly parties and maybe your favorite dish.  

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh Ruth I'm so sad it's coming to an end, but in a way I can see why it is. 290 round-ups is a LOT!! I'll certainly be there for the last one! <3

Ruth Daniels said...

I definitely have mixed emotions - PPN is almost as old... and as loved as my grandson, so it's hard to let go. But, it's time to move on and find a new fun project. Now I just have to think of one ;-)

Thanks for being such a great supporter over the years.