Which just happens to be my entry for Baby Steps to a Rockin' Life , a cool roundup put together by Alex of A Moderate Life .
Easy steps to 'instant mommy" when you're too sick to cook:
1. make a very big batch of broth;
2. allow to cool;
3. label ziplock baggies big enough to hold 2 cups of broth;
4. measure & pour soup into baggies & seal;
5. lay the baggies flat on a baking sheet that will fit in the freezer and allow to completely freeze (if you have a tiny freezer you might have to do this in a couple of batches);
6. Stand the frozen baggies upright and you'll be surprised at how many helpful "hugs" of soup you can fit in the space.
And just in under the wire for Presto Pasta Night, this week hosted by Jen of Tastes of Home... is this
(seen at the top of the page)
Even sickly me... could crawl out of bed and throw it together. While the broth was defrosting, I threw a couple of handfuls of spinach into a bowl in the microwave, then chopped it up, added that plus 1/4 cup whole wheat fusilli and a slice of ginger to the soupThe whole thing took 15 minutes... and yes... I did feel like my mother was looking after me.