Friday, October 22, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples - My Favorite Fall Food

It's Fall in Nova Scotia. The leaves are brilliant oranges, reds and yellows. It's time for me to get out my favorite wool sweaters. But best of all, it's time for apples. The latest cookbook to arrive in the mail was The Comfort of Apples - how timely is that? I've written all about it and naturally made a bunch of recipes from it.

One other thing I love to do while I write is to watch Live from Daryl's House - I love to get my monthly email letting me know there's a new band playing with Daryl, not to mention that there's always something wonderful to eat. This month it's all about apple sauce. Check it out.

Here are a few other of my all time favorite apple desserts:

Cornmeal Apple Cake

Ginger Apple Crisp

Normandy Apple Tart

What's your favorite apple dish? And is it sweet or savory?

No comments: