Thursday, May 20, 2010

BloggerAid Changing the Face of Famine & President's Choice

Usually when I get review books and packages, I send a thank you note and then it takes me a while to write about the goodies. This time, I was so excited I even took this photo as soon as it arrived - without any makeup!

But let me back up a bit, before I share my awesome haul. I've written before about my involvement with BloggerAid Changing the Face of Famine.
It's a wonderful way to do good for those less fortunate around the world. Not to mention the other benefits to belonging - fast friends with other food bloggers ; contributing to a terrific project like the cookbook (that you can find out about & how to buy it - well worth it, since it's filled with great recipes for foodbloggers everywhere - including me); and one of my favorite perks - getting to review cool products and cookbooks. You can find out about joining in the fun here.

President's Choice is one of our fantastic sponsors. And even if you don't live in Canada, I bet you can find some PC products near you. In fact, when my younger daughter moved to Chile for a couple of years to teach English, she called in amazement because PC products were on the shelves there! But if you can't find any of their great products (I really love their sauces and salsas, but don't get me started - at least not yet ) you should visit their website. There are recipes galore and articles about ...well, everything by season, including BBQing tips. Which leads me to my fantastic gift of goodies celebrating BBQ season.

But where to start?! Well there's a very cool and funky insulated cooler (in my world, make that picnic basket)

  • a 4 pack of 100% sparkling fruit juice - this time orange tangerine - I've purchased many of their sparkling juices and they are delish on their own - add a little white wine and you have an awesome, light Spritzer;
  • maple bacon marinade - which will be wonderful on pork, poultry or fish - just a slather on the meat and let it sit a bit before you grill or roast and your friends and family will think you've slaved for hours;
  • Grilling & Roasting Spice Mix in its own grinder - sea salt, peppercorns, mustard & coriander seeds, plus a lot more. Just a grinding or two on your favorite meat or fish and I know the results will be excellent;
  • a New World EVOO from Chile- frankly, of all the store brands out there PC is my favorite for olive oil- so I'm very excited about trying this one;
  • glaze with balsamic vinegar from Modena in a squeeze pack - I had to taste it - and even on my finger, it's delicious. It will be perfect on everything - first that comes to my mind is grilled shrimps, but you decide for yourself;
  • the cutest little slider thin mini-burger buns that would also work well to sop up your favorite dip (and if you don't want or don't have time to make your own - well PC has lots of choices like this Masala Hummus;
  • a box of chocolate chip Pecan cookies (my favorite nut) - yummy as I write, getting cookie crumbs on my keyboard;
  • and last but not least, a perfectly spectacular BBQ apron - how did they know my favorite color is red?!

And because this is their BBQ Event Promotion they even sent a $10 gift card to buy some Angus sliders and some PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Ice Cream for dessert.

If you're like me, then unfortunately you won't be barbecuing any time soon because you have no backyard, no patio, no deck, not even a balcony. But don't despair, because the folks at President's Choice are going to be out celebrating BBQ season with a BBQ Tour that goes all across Canada. Lucky me, there are at least five events coming in or around Halifax. I am a little ahead of myself, but next week you will find your closest BBQ event in next week's PC Insider's Report. Not to mention their terrific BBQ contest where you could win a party plus a backyard makover with design consultation by HGTV's Paul LaFrance and $2500! Keep checking here or become a fan of President's Choice on Facebook.

Now I'm off to plan a picnic - cross your fingers for great weather this weekend!

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

WOW Ruth. I can't wait to receive my package. It looks BBQ season will all the better thansk to Tresidne4t's Choice.

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

wow..love to knw abt tht.tahnks for the info..njoy ur picnic and hv a wonderful weekend...

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

and forgot to say u look fresh,gorgeous and bful without tht hint of makeup........

giz said...

Now that's some fun I'm looking forward to and you've done such a great job of highliting ways to use the products. Can't wait for the actual review.