Friday, January 8, 2010

Presto Pasta Night #145

What a wonderful way to start 2010 - lots of tasty pasta! A big thanks to all of you who shared them. Lots of healthful vegetarian dishes, as well as chicken, sausages and only one of my most favorite ingredients - seafood - are all perfect ways to stick to resolutions about eating better. And two different but equally awesome dishes of Mac 'n Cheese - comfort food supreme. So without further ado....

UPDATE: How could I have missed Graziana of Erbe in Cucina 's Sausage and Kale Pasta, with two of my favorite Winter ingredients!

First in - Mahala of Halo's Homemade - actually on Christmas Day! It's a fantastic, spicy Chicken Stir Fry. And for those of you, like me who don't know any better - sriracha is a Thai Chili Sauce. I don't know about you but I'll be hunting for some of my own.
Abby of Eat the Right Stuff couldn't wait until December was done either. I'm personally glad she sent in this very rich Oxtail Ragout with a couple of suggestions for "next time around"...like cooking the pasta in the oxtail liquid.
Judith of Think on It also sent this one in before 2009 ended. It's glorious! She calls it Spaghetti Profumatissimi for the wonderful surprises of salt and sweet in every bite.
A very pregnant Muneeba of An Edible Symphony thankfully shared her latest craving with us...Caramelized Shallots & Crispy Sage Mac 'n Cheese. Doesn't it have you drooling already. Good luck with the new arrival...which is when?
Sarah of Taste My Plate shares a Springtime favorite - Pasta Primavera, which means Spring in Italian. Frankly with cold snaps and tons of snow everywhere, who wouldn't want to think of Spring.
Oz of Kitchen Butterfly shares not one but three pastas with us. How cool is that! I love her variations with the same veggie ingredients - a chili, some bechamel and pasta - brilliant! This is just one of her beautiful photos.
George of A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse - don't you love the title! - is another one who shared his dish before leaving on holiday. And don't you love how pasta is the perfect "clean out the fridge" base? Here's his lovely Rapido Penne.
My good friend Katie of Easy Gourmet Dinners dusted off her old pasta queen to make her own pasta. The Pasta with Chicken, Spinach &Feta looks great to me, but Katie feels she needs more practice. I say...as long as she shares with the rest of us.
Joanne of Eats Well With Others, shares a hysterical post and a great dish of Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts. Read the post...I don't want to spoil it.
Julie of Blukats started off 2010 with a fantastic looking Toshikoshi Soba that looks so perfect for the cold weather we're having.
Chaya posted this lovely looking Tuscan Pasta with Spinach on Sweet and Savory
and this sausage pasta casserole over at Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog.
Another good friend Val of More Than Burnt Toast shares this perfect dish of Naked Ravioli - with or without pasta, it's perfect.
Nina of My Easy Cooking (and a new best friend) makes the most glorious dishes and her Squid Ink Pasta with Grilled Shrimp and Calamari is awesome.

Last but not least, I too made some comfort food - Spicy Mac 'n Cheese that is so delicious we ate it for supper, lunch and supper again!
Thanks everyone for contributing such delicious pasta dishes. What a wonderful start to 2010.

Next week Gay of Scientist in the Kitchen is hosting for the second time, so please send lots of pastas her way. Just send an email to ascientistinthekitchen (at) gmail (dot) com and a cc to me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.

I'm still looking for someone to host January 22nd and all of February, so if you're interested, drop me a line. It's lots of fun and a great way to meet wonderful bloggers.

8 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

My compliments to everyone for starting the next decade with some delcicious and healthy pasta dishes!!!

Muneeba said...

Ooooo, so many pasta dishes to choose from ... what's carb-lovin pregnant lady to do?! ;) That oxtail ragu and your own spicy mac n cheese have got me hooked!

George Gaston said...

Ruth, many thanks for all your creative work in compiling this incredible weekly pasta series. Each week I find many new and interesting pasta dishes to try.

Nina Timm said...

It was great fun and I will definitely see you next week!!!

Judith in Umbria said...

Gorgeous stuff but I can barely stand to look. It makes me want to smoke again so I can eat it all.

Joanne said...

This is a fantastic roundup! What a way to ring in the new year!

Katie said...

Must eat more pasta!!!!
They all look great. When mon mari was just recovering from his surgery, he didn't eat pasta - said it didn't taste good (can you imagine?) Fortunately, that stage has passed (whew!)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I think it is grand that so many people remembered after a break. It is all too easy to forget but we all love our weekly round-ups, so much that here we are.

The recipes, as usual, are diverse and yummy looking.