Monday, October 5, 2009

La Cucina Italiana

I've had a few comments about the magazine La Cucina Italiana which has been Italy's premier food magazine since 1920 and only a couple of years (at least in my house) in English for the North American marketplace. It's filled with thoughtful articles...this month has a wonderful one on the Slow Food Movement which started in Italy 20 years ago. Fantastic recipes and more about honey. If you're into salt cod, or want to be, you can learn all about it.

I've got a few recipes earmarked, but I thought I'd share an favorite of mine. I adapted Spaghetti Con Speck e Pangrattato last February. Since I never did find speck, I use Serrano Ham and pancetta, sliced 1/4" thick and diced.

Check out their website for other great recipes like this Beef Braised in Red Wine - Brasato al Teroldego....this willl definitely be one of my "go to" dishes for the long cold winter ahead.

In the meantime, just a reminder that Joanne, who Eats Well With Others will be hosting Presto Pasta Night Roundup this week, for the second time .

Send all your amazing dishes to her via email jhbruno87 (at) gmail (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

Guidelines to share your pasta dishes.

And if you'd like to host a Presto Pasta Night Roundup yourself, just send me an email. November and beyond are wide open. What are you waiting for...it's great fun and a fabulous way to get introduced to other awesome bloggers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might like to know that Costco at Dartmouth Crossing carries Citterio Sliced Speck....
375 grams $9.79 - Product of USA.

Cheers,
Dee Blaine

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks Dee, much appreciated.