Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Great Time in PEI for Fall Flavours & A Big Thank You

Just back from a great...all be it short, weekend in Prince Edward Island covering the opening weekend of Fall Flavours. In a word...AWESOME! I'll be sorting through my notes and photos for the article I'll be writing for Foodtv's blog plus writing about all my experiences. The photo above is of The Shipwright's Cafe and you'll be hearing much more about that later in the week. Isn't it lovely?

I couldn't wait another minute, though, to say a giant Thank You! to everyone who made my stay so memorable. The Delta Prince Edward is a perfect place to stay, giving smiling service from the second you walk in the door until you leave. In fact, they are so thoughtful as to have placed 2 bottles of cold water in the car for my four hour drive back to Halifax. And don't even get me started on the room, suffice to say....well they say it best on the card they leave with the delicious pieces of chocolate at "turn down"...."We apologize in advance for your not wanting to get out of bed in the morning"

Most of all I want to thank Chef Michael Smith, the most gracious Food Ambassador of PEI, and the folks at Tourism Charlottetown for putting this huge event together. 150 events over 10 days and every one of them amazing, if my experiences are any indication.
Very special thanks to Matt of Tourism Charlottetown, my host and intrepid tour guide for joining me in all sorts of fantastic events...we even got to make our own chocolates... and for giving me a great tour of the island...making sure I'll be back to PEI often with my Honey.

Stay tuned for more delicious details.