Friday, August 7, 2009

Presto Pasta Night #125

Another week...another fantastic group of pasta dishes. I know you really don't want to hear me blathering on....so...thanks everyone, for your really excellent entries this week. They're all amazing. And now, on with the show....

Shaista of Mixcalculations submitted more than just a delicious fusion Spaghetti dish for us (as if that isn't enough)...she actually gives us a lesson in pastas and noodles...very informative and delicious.
Rachel, The Crispy Cook, may be gluten free, but certainly NOT delicious flavor free. This Spinach & Artichoke Dip inspired pasta really looks fantastic.
Little Inbox over at Eating Pleasure came up with this beautiful bowl of Prawn Noodles in Broth. I'm waiting for the first cold day to enjoy it.
Ann of PigPig's Corner also made a fantastic soup I'll be bookmarking for cooler weather...check out this awesome Aromatic Pepper Crab Soup with Bee Hoon.
City Girl of City Girl Lifestyle made this Purple Pesto Pasta...I dare you to say that five times fast. I dare you NOT to love the taste of this dish, too. I love purple basil, but rarely find enough around here to make a batch of pesto with it. I'll keep looking, though.
Joanne of Eats Well With Others (and they definitely eat well at her place) is doing some fundraising for her big upcoming marathon to raise funds and awareness in the fight against cancer. And still takes some time out to whip up this awesome Pasta with Shredded Pork and Red Bean Surprise.
Ben of What's Cooking, hasn't been around for a while but he's made up for it with this healthy. colorful pasta and some interesting insights about the color of the food you eat and what they mean to your diet, shared by guest blogger Mary Ward.
Haalo of Cook Almost Anything is another PPN regular that hasn't shared in a while, but check out her gorgeous Tagliolini with Pancetta, Peas, Mushrooms & Ricotta - what more is there to say, except...grab your forks!
Mangocheeks of Allotment 2 Kitchen has a huge batch of courgettes (that's zucchini to the North Americans among us) and made a couple of fabulous dishes. I'll just focus on the wonderful looking Chickpea, Courgette Pasta that I think would even be great as a cold salad for picnics.
Kait of Pots and Plots made a dish that's perfect for me and the rest of us South Beach, Phase II dieters because it's made with whole wheat pasta and lots of other healthy goodies...Penne with Italian Turkey Sausage & Summer Veggies.
Sarah of Taste My Plate had me drooling with her Tomato & Anchovy Linguine. There are no words - just take a look at it!
Chaya of Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog brings Tyler Florence to PPN this week with her take on this Summer Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Summer Squash...delicious!
I always love it when Kevin, Closet Cooking joins in PPN fun. This time it's Taco Pasta...You'll have to read to find out how it came to be. I'm just glad it did.
EllySaysOpa for this dish and I'm yelling "OPA!" too. Check out how fantastic her Zucchini Spaghetti with Sausage, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese. Spectacular!
And last, but not least, it's my turn to share my pasta and a half - well, one pasta dish and one salad that could easily become a pasta dish. Spicy Sausage & Mushroom Scoobi Doo And shrimps...just read the marinade and you'll see why I included them here.

Oh yes...I also invited some of my favorite celebrity chefs to share some of their recipes...well at least I linked to them at Presto Pasta Nights. I can't do all the cooking myself, you know.

So have a wonderful time wandering through these tasty treats and don't forget to start planning for next week when Psychgrad of Equal Opportunity Kitchen (finally done with graduation and wedding stuff) will be hosting. Send all your amazing dishes to her via email
bloggingwagon (at) hotmail (dot) com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com

Guidelines to share your pasta dishes.

And if you'd like to host a Presto Pasta Night Roundup yourself, just send me an email. October and beyond are wide open. What are you waiting for...it's great fun and a fabulous way to get introduced to other awesome bloggers.

Thanks again, everyone for a truly wonderful roundup this week. Couldn't do it without you all!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

They all look so divine, I must go cook up some pasta. Tomato and anchovy sounds really inviting!

Shaheen said...

Thank you so much for hosting Ruch.
It is always a pleasure to participate in PPN.

Now I am going to have a closer look at some of these pasta plates.

PG said...

Several nice dishes there! Looking forward to hosting this week.