Thursday, March 26, 2009

Through the Haze of a Cold

Where has this week gone? It's Thursday and I've been laid low by a winter cold. I suppose I should be happy in that it's the first (and hopefully only one) this winter. It all started on Sunday when I still had enough energy to whip up a fantastic pasta dish with fresh Digby scallops that I bought the day before at the Halifax Farmers Market and some sweet fennel Italian sausages from Abato Italian market near my home. It was simple enough to throw together and I even managed to write the ingredients down on a post it note. Somehow it took until today to actually make it back to the computer and write about it. I hope I didn't miss a step...still in a haze...

Pasta with Digby Scallops & Sweet Fennel Sausages

Tomorrow is Presto Pasta Night #106 and Aquadaze of Served with Love will be in charge! So send your perfect pastas her way at aquadaze (at) rediffmail (dot)com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com Guidelines to share your pasta dishes.

No energy left...but later I'll be making a dumbed down version of this Quick Vietnamese soup I have some beautiful shrimp dumplings in the freezer from my favorite Taisan Asian Market and I must a have a star anise or two and some chicken broth somewhere handy.

I know I'm repeating myself, but don't forget that Aquadaze of Served with Love hosting tomorrow's roundup! You still have the rest of today to email aquadaze (at) rediffmail (dot)com and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com Guidelines to share your pasta dishes

If you'd like to host a Presto Pasta Night Roundup yourself, just send me an email


No comments: