Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chef Craig Flinn's Awesome Roast Garlic & Cremini Pappardelle

A little over a year ago, I had the privilege of interviewing Chef Craig Flinn of the award winning Chives Canadian Bistro for Foodtv's Food For Thought - a very cool guy. At the time, he was writing his first cook book, Fresh & Local, which is finally in print and naturally I had to have a copy!

The book, subtitled - "straight from Canadian farms to your table", like the restaurant menus, focuses on using fresh, in-season, and local products. A quote from their website says it best...

"Working closely with the farmers and independent producers of Nova Scotia has
been the foundation of our reputation for serving the best food to our restaurant guests, we will continue to use locally raised and grown products, in-season and at the peak of freshness. Memorable meals are seeded this way".
But more about the book (and the next recipe I try - Root Vegetable Tart - after all it is winter here in the Maritimes) another time.

This time I wanted to make sure I had my pasta dish ready for Presto Pasta Night this week hosted by Ben of What's Cooking. Not the prettiest picture, but the pasta was fantastic.


You still have time to send your tasty pasta treats to Ben by email: ben(dot)herrera (at)whatscooking (dot)us . Please cc me: ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot)com as well.

No comments: