Monday, January 12, 2009

A Great New Herb Book, Fantastic Peruvian Parsley Salsa and WHB


I just got a fantastic book and immediately thought I had to share this one with all those Weekend Herb Blogging fans out there. It's been a while since I've actually sent in an entry and a lot has changed....Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen and founder of this extraordinary weekly event, handed over the reins to another awesome blogger - Haalo of Cook (Almost) Anything and it's still going strong. This week's host for WHB #166 (hard to believe, but true) is Rachel, The Crispy Cook and I just had to join in the fun.

I only wrote about the book today and made my first recipe yesterday.

The Seared Scallops with Peruvian Parsley Salsa served on a bed of Arugula was awesome and the salsa will make the even the most boring dishes dazzle. I can't wait to try some on scrambled eggs or perhaps even a pasta. I really liked the flavor, which didn't overpower the scallops (that would be bad, since scallops have such a delicate but fantastic flavor) but did liven things up.

Tonight I'm pan roasting some tilapia and serving it with Puerto Rican Ajilimojili - a very spicy dish with lots of garlic, lime juice and chili peppers. You'll have to stop by tomorrow to find out more about that one.

Bottom line, though...dieting has never been tastier, especially now that I have even more ways to dazzle a dish.

1 comment:

Laurie Constantino said...

Wow - this looks SO good. I don't use much fresh oregano, but it's exactly right in this recipe.