Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Giant Leap from Fettuccine Carbonara

I recently received my January 2009 Best of the Year, Bon Appetit
with a gorgeous looking pasta on the cover. Apparently, Fettuccine Carbonare with Pancetta and Broccoli Rabe is the dish of the year! I bought the pancetta and naturally, I haven't found any broccoli rabe, but I couldn't wait. And then I read the recipe, which called for fried eggs....no way my Honey would enjoy that.

So I did what I usually do...ignored most of the recipe and created my own. I'm not sure what to call it, but my Not Carbonara Spaghetti was awesome and we licked the plates clean.

Don't forget that I'll be hosting Presto Pasta Night January 9th - It's #95, so email me your first pastas of 2009. Just send your name, Blog Title & URL, dish name and link to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com. Check back for the roundup Friday, January 9th, I'm sure it will be fantastic as usual.

In the meantime, have a happy and safe holiday.

1 comment:

test it comm said...

That not carbonara looks tasty! I like the ingredients in it. happy holidays!