Tuesday, September 16, 2008

La Cucina Italiana Soup Contest

My good friend Judith of Think On It told me about an awesome contest...Blog from Italy has combined forces with La Cucina Italiana to promote the US version of their cooking magazine, which, by the way, is a staple in my house! I love it! It certainly one of my favorite magazines to get inspired by and, naturally it's a great starting point for creating Presto Pasta Night dishes like...hunting for speck....

But I digress...the challenge for this contest is to come up with the best Autumn Soup recipe...frankly, I can't wait until that issue comes out! Three lucky winners will receive a one year subscription to the magazine...how awesome is that.

My entry mostly falls into the Veluto category...pureed soup without cream. I did use some chicken broth, though. So hopefully it still counts. Mostly, the soup is just heavenly roasted beets and pumpkin, leeks and a little thyme for even more flavor and some chicken or vegetable broth to get it to the consistency we wanted.




Find out all the contest details right here and enter yourself. The first round of the contest ends this Friday, September 19th, so hurry up.

No comments: