Thursday, June 5, 2008

Worked on Mussels AND Muscles Today

A funny thing happened on my way to Physiotherapy session today. While waiting for treatment on my very sore shoulder muscles (too much time spent at the computer - don't ask)...I was flipping through magazines and found this tasty recipe in a Homemakers Magazine... the February/March 2008 issue... and came across a recipe that sounded awesome. It wasn't until I started to write it up that I realized the Mussels/muscles thing...Forgive me...it must be the cramped shoulders talking. Do try these mussels though...very tasty, indeed.

Mussels in Tomato, Fennel & Orange Sauce

And living in a place where mussels are local and really fresh every day...how could I resist. Especially since I'm trying to eat heart healthy food. Did you know that they have less than 1g of saturated fat per 3.5 oz/100g serving?

Many of you would serve this over couscous, rice or pasta, but I love mine in the broth. Now if only I didn't give up bread quite so soon, I would have sopped it all up with some crusty sourdough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a new obsession with mussels. I can't get enough of them...great sounding sauce!