Yet another gloomy day...wind...snow...rain...grey...SIGH! Am I the same person who started just about every post from April through December with "I love...the weather, the seasons, the food, the scenic trips around my new province..."? So here's my new pledge....
NO MORE WHINING!
When my daughter was ten, she went through a rough period. She seemed to hate EVERYTHING. I was so frustrated one day that I wouldn't let her in the house until she actually could come up with 10 good things that happened that day. She cried "nothing good happened" (sobbing profusely). So I helped her with things like...no more carpool with Mrs. X (she hated riding with her) for at least another 5 days!; teacher Y wasn't there today and there was a substitute; no more whatever until next week. As you can see, I just turned her negatives into warped positives.
So let me share some good things today....
1. There was a lovely pink sunrise over the harbour as I drove my Honey to work.
2. I actually got my Passover order...I know what you're thinking if you're Jewish...I know it's not for another three weeks or so, but the small amount that comes to Halifax gets bought up early.
3. All my running-around chores were done before 9AM.
4. My daughter (same one as above) was free for a lunch date.
5. The restaurant we chose - Il Mercato had some great choices...we shared a great mixed antipasto plate - my favorite dishes - an avocado and shrimp tambale, polenta cakes with mushroom pate topping and marinated mushrooms.
7. And last, but not least, a glorious afternoon listening to music and savoring some lovely tea.
Last week I received a delicious variety of teas from The Language of the Leaf. Just visiting their site is calming and soothing and the teas....each one is more heavenly than the next. Neeta, the heart of Language of the Leaf sent me a fabulous sampler based on my favorite teas. So let me walk you through the descriptions on each of the resealable packages complete with brewing instructions. I can't wait to do an interview with her to discover how she comes by all these lovely teas. If you have any particular questions you'd like me to ask her...leave them in the comment section. In the meantime, these descriptions alone will take you to a happy place....
Casablanca Jasmine - fine China green tea leaves scented with mint and the heavenly fragrance of night blooming jasmine flower buds.
Earl Grey - blend of fine Ceylon Black tea with a fragrant citrus aroma and a hint of vanilla.
Earl Grey Supreme - (I did tell her Earl Grey blends were my favorite) - more flavour, special blend of fine 100% organic China Black tea and natural oil of Bergamot.
Shanghai Breakfast - a well balanced blend of peppery Chinese Yunnan and malty Indian Assam tea.
And because, I also said I like herbal teas too...Rooibos Sunset - Rooibos blended with citrus peels and oragne blossoms - South Africa.
Rooibos Aztec Mint - Rooibos scented with chocolate and a touch of refreshing mint. An altogether inspired after dinner combination (seriously! It tastes like after eight mints)
But I needed something to remind me that I was not going to complain about the weather. I needed a little Spring or Summer in my cup, so I chose Tropic of Mango - Green tea infused with the essence of mango. Fragrant and refreshing...(and definitely took my mind off the wintry weather outside my window).
So what takes you to your "happy place"?