Friday, February 1, 2008

Presto Pasta Night Roundup #48

This week is all about comfort...in a variety of forms...and who doesn't need a little comfort now and then.

First in (actually early Saturday), is Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe. And what a great looking Roasted Vegetable Pasta to start the weekly roundup.


Marija of Palachinka is a PPN first timer and shares this so adorable Animal Pasta with Walnuts. I couldn't resist sharing a photo of just the pasta....how cute is that!


Sarah of What Smells So Good? is back with this glorious sounding Moroccan Couscous Stew. I feel better already, just reading the ingredients.


Alisha of Cook, Craft, Enjoy is a great PPNer - 36 out of 48 weeks - fantastic!!!...it's probably more than I did! This week she shares an Easy Mac & Cheese.


Truffle at What's On My Plate? shares this absolutely beautiful Spicy Beef & Noodle Soup, perfect for the winter cold.


Katerina, Daily Unadventures in the Kitchen , had a bad week...and what could be better than a bowl of steaming comfort...and her Creamy Pasta Primavera sounds like the absolutely best antidote.


Ulrike of Kuchenlatein loves to make pasta with her sons and I love that she shares them with the rest of us. This one...Homemade Tagliatelle with Herbs & Tomatoes sounds wonderful.


Terry over at Got No Milk is back with Kasha & Bowties...nothing takes me back to my mother's kitchen table like that does...with ground beef as a mid-week supper or as a side with her brisket and lima beans to sop up all that delicious gravy.


Kittie of Kittens in the Kitchen is back and takes Baked Macaroni to a whole new level!


Anna at Morsels & Musings is back with a lovely Gnocchi & Gorgonzola that I know my son-in-law in particular will really love.


Katie at Thyme for Cooking never has enough time....does anyone? Anyway she did come up with a quick and lovely looking Chicken Stroganoff.


Randi of Oh Kitchen, What Won't You Do? shares an awesome Greco Linguine...anything with shrimp & roasted tomatoes MUST be awesome.


Gay, who truly is a Scientist in the Kitchen, came up with this excellent Tuna Carbonara with Black Sesame Seeds.


Cyndi at Cyndi Cooks is back with this rich and creamy Ham & Spinach Pasta, another great comfort dish.


And my dishes...there are two this week. The first actually started out as a left over...but I call it Working on Fumes Pasta...for those nights you can't even think.

...and truly mind & body nourishing Vietnamese Soup.


Don't forget to join in the fun for next week and please visit the Presto Pasta Gang on Facebook.

As always...a very big thank you to all of you for playing along and visiting every week!!! I know 2008’s Presto Pasta meals will be amazing.

Related Links:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always love reading the roundup! Particularly love the animal pasta this week :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Ruth! This collection has made me ravenous!

I wonder, can vegetarians eat that animal shaped pasta? ; )

hope you'll pop by and visit my blog for freezing tips to help you keep your leftover pasta for another night.

danamccauley.wordpress.com

Melissa said...

hillary just told me about this place... would love to get in on the pasta roundups, everything looks so good! I may submit something next time. :)

Johanna GGG said...

thanks ruth - lovely group of recipes as usual - now I want to cook more pasta - and I loved your photos of asian shops in the previous post too

Anna (Morsels and Musings) said...

there's a great collection from a variety of origins this week.

Laura Paterson said...

Lovely round up - thanks Ruth!

Lots of recipes to add to my want-to-make list!

Katie Zeller said...

Those animal pasta shapes are just too cute!
Great round-up!

Ruth Daniels said...

Hillary, I love the animal pasta too. I'm on a hunt for them. How could anyone have a bad day if they look at those cute shapes.

Dana, ;-) I wonder if there are any vegetable shaped pastas for the vegetarians among us? Great freezer tips too...but...can you send me a larger freezer, please?

Melissa, I'm looking forward to your contributions.

Ladies....thanks so much for your kind words and more importantly...your great dishes that you so generously share.

What's up for next week?