Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Anything BUT Leftovers

Last week I made a truly delicious dish....Fusilli with Shrimp & Cilantro. I'm drooling just thinking about it. But naturally I made way too much pasta. Fortunately this time I didn't add it all to the sauce so I really can create a totally new dish for Presto Pasta Night. I was flipping through the fine Cooking, January 2008 issue my daughter Sharron made me buy (okay, okay, I was going to buy it anyway, but she thought the gumbo was awesome and that I had to try it...but naturally, I digress).

There were a couple of great pasta dishes...Israeli Couscous with Saffron, Toasted Pine Nuts and Currants...no couscous, no currants, so that's for another day...orzo with Lemon, Garlic, Parmigiano & Herbs as a great side dish....which was the inspiration for this anything but "leftover" leftover dish.

Don't you just love it when you can come up with a dinner that would impress the fussiest of guests and the whole thing takes five minutes to put together?! I'm not even doing my usual exaggerating either. It took longer to wash up than it did to prepare.

Fusilli with Serrano Ham, Parsley & Garlic

Enjoy!

Related Links:

No comments: