Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Little Spring in November - Scallops & Baby Greens

It's definitely heavy sweater weather here in Halifax. So naturally, I'm missing Spring already. I know what you're thinking....that Spring is a long way off and I shouldn't even think about it.

And really I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday to see what wonderful local Autumn produce I could find...lots of glorious Brussels sprouts, beets, and other root veggies for delicious roasted dishes as well as soups and stews of course.

But who could resist the very young and tender greens over at the RiverView Herbs stall. You'd think it was late April or early May from the looks of the tender sweet pea shoots, baby mixed greens and delicate herbs that they grow all year round in their greenhouses.

Between the greens and the beyond fresh scallops I picked up...I had an awesome dish of Spring Sunshine on a plate




And because of all the basil, mint and parsley, it's perfect for Kalyn's Weekend Herb Blogging, this time hosted by Vanessa of What Geeks Eat.

Related Links:

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh yum. This might have to be our next recipe when we have a big salad for dinner (which we try to do once a week) - it sounds fabulous.

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a great combination of flavours. I can't wait to try it out. I ma sure that my scallops will not be as fresh as the ones that you get but what can you do when you live in Ontario :-)

Kalyn Denny said...

Ruth that looks just divine. Scallops are my very favorite seafood, and I'd love to eat this for dinner.

Ruth Daniels said...

I admit, this is one dish I'll be making over and over. I can't imagine getting tired of it.

Laurie Constantino said...

I'll eat anything with greens, and you just reminded me I have scallops in the refrigerator that need to be used tomorrow. And I love greens, so this recipe is nice inspiration. Thanks!