Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Where DID I See that Recipe for Stuffed Chicken Breasts?

Yet again, I can't find the real recipe. I definitely saw a couscous stuffed chicken breast recipe in one of my new magazines? cookbooks? blog visiting?...somewhere. SIGH! I thought it would be great for Presto Pasta Night. Couscous is a pasta, remember. After an hour of hunting, no luck, so I did what comes naturally...improvise. I think it's my middle name.

Here's the walk through my mind...if you dare....

"What if I do a savory couscous with lots of rosemary, thyme & what else is there....oh - the oregano smells awesome!"

"Where's that cranberry chutney I bought at Terra Beata Cranberry Farm...the one I used on the salmon? There it is...so perhaps I should add a handful of dried cranberries to the couscous too."

"Now, what will I use to keep the chicken moist while it's baking?....I don't want to open the only bottle of white wine...I have so more chicken broth and ...what's this? Pomegranate Blueberry Juice from Tropicana. A dash of that to the broth should be nice.

Anyway, that's enough of a scary trip inside my head. Dinner was very tasty ...

And naturally, I just found the inspiration...Everyday Food, Issue 45. The recipe - lemony mint couscous with pine nuts...not even in the same ball park! But I will now leave that copy on the table so I can find it for next time! I can only hope...

Related Links:

8 comments:

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

Great dish, ..yummy.Ruth, I have sent you an email with my entry to the Presto Event. Could you please confirm receipt, as at times, things do end up in spam!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

A very creative and innovative recipe Ruth!!!! Your family must have thought they had died and gone to heaven!

Jim said...

Gotta love where creative thought will take you in the kitchen. Great dish, Ruth!

SteamyKitchen said...

What a great idea!!! I'm going to try using good canned cherries in this recipe.

Thanks for the invite to participate in Presto Pasta Nights - I'd love to join.

Ruth Daniels said...

Kitchen scientist...I did get the PPN entry, thanks. Check back for the roundup tomorrow.

Valli, Jim, thanks and my husband did enjoy it.

Steamykitchen, cherries is a great idea too!

Anonymous said...

looks great and I GIVE YOU A RECIPE FOR PASTA ROUND UPS IF YOU WANT IT haven't posted for a long time
http://leplaisirdegourmandise.blog4ever.com/blog/lirarticle-108011-495854.html

Ruth Daniels said...

Sab, thanks, I'm adding your Crispy Chinese Noodles with Tofu & Mushrooms to the Presto Pasta Night Roundup. Check back tomorrow.

Katie Zeller said...

A mind on a mission can be a very scary thing... I know, mine wanders off frequently!
Well done, in the end!