Monday, June 25, 2007

Couscous Tabbouleh for Presto Pasta Nights

I realize, unlike myself of late, that this time I look really, really early for this week's Presto Pasta Night. The reality....I'm really, really LATE. We actually ate this dish early last week before the kids left for camp and, in all the chaos, I forgot about it completely (which doesn't sound like an endorsement, I know). I wanted to make Quinoa Tabbouleh, but ran out of time. "It only takes 20 minutes or so for the quinoa", you say...I know, but we were already starving and running late for dinner, so couscous (five minutes vs 20 won out). It was delicious and the secret to the lemoniness (I think I just made up that word) is that I mixed lemon juice in with the boiling water for the couscous. That was in addition to the lemon in the very minty dressing. It's a perfect last minute summer dish...no heating up the kitchen, easy to pack for a picnic, and it makes a great leftover dish - add some lettuce, thinly sliced cucumbers, a lemony aoli (garlicy mayo) and roll it in your favorite wrap or serve it with some grilled fish, chicken or meat... it's all good.



Related links:

No comments: