Friday, May 25, 2007

Presto Pasta Night Roundup Lucky #13

Unbelievable - I guess lucky 13 isn't always so lucky. A little blogger glitch lost the entire roundup. So it will take a little more time than usual, but it WILL be up today!

Let's try this again....I love milestones and we've now got a Baker's Dozen (so food appropriate) of Presto Pasta Night Roundups -Thirteen and lots of newcomers this week, I'm pleased to say. It's so exciting. So thanks to all of you who share recipes and for the rest of you who just like to browse. And I apologize in advance if my comments are not as pumped as they usually are. They were the first time around.

First in this week was a first-timer, Buttabuns with this Penne With Vodka Sauce. She's been visiting but never thought to submit because she thought for a pasta to be good it had to be rich and decadent. Now some of them are, but not all and now she knows better.


Truffles of What's On My Plate shares this Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Dill Pesto and it looks wonderfully fresh and Spring-like.


Fruittart joins us for the first (of many, I hope) time with this Linguine with Clams. She adds bacon and I just might have to try that.


Susan at the Well Seasoned Cook is also a PPN first-timer - welcome. She's wild about wild salmon and shares another Smoked Salmon Pasta. She'll tell you all about how "wild" isn't always wild.


Marta, the Italian in the US, is back and shares this warm salad of rotelle (or in my world - wagon wheel) pasta with Grilled Vegetables and Pineapple. Who'd have thought to use pineapple in pasta! But it looks wonderful.


Chris of Mele Cotte is back with this cute Farfalle with Feta Pasta Salad - sure says Spring! to me.


Katie at Thyme for Cooking (don't you love the name?) joins in the fun with this Beef, Chickpea and Feta Pasta Salad. First one for her summery season of cooking everything outdoors.


Kevin of Closet Cooking is back with this great dish of Roasted Red Pepper Penne. I just love the sound of it rolling off my tongue.


Sher of What Did You Eat? is back. This time she too, uses wagon wheel pasta for her very easy, very tasty Pasta with Broccoli and Parmesan Cheese. Don't tell me that doesn't say "Summer".



Becke, the Columbus Foodie is here again. She certainly knows how to transform leftovers. Check out this Pork Tenderloin with Ramp Pesto Gnocchi.



Alisha of Cook, Craft, Enjoy is here again too - yay! She shares some Pasta with Mizithra Cheese. It's a long story, so check it out.


Dayna, the Vegan Visitor dropped by for the first time too and brought this fabulous Asparagus and Portobello Mushroom Lasagna. I bet even the carnivores would enjoy it.


Haalo who Cooks Almost Anything Once is the only one this week to do a soup and what a soup it is! Miso Soup with Udon Noodles and Seared Scallops. What's not to love!



Ulrike of Kuchenlatein returns with a family hit - Orecchetti with Broad Beans & Salami. It does look delicious!


Rebeca of Dinner in the Yellow House went around the world to bring us this exotic trout spaghetti from Addis Ababa, and it's still warm!


And finally - make that SECOND TIME finally, my own dish. This will be the last no pasta pasta dish for a while. We're finally heading into Phase Two of the South Beach Diet where pasta is allowed, as long as it's whole wheat or multigrain. But this time my daughter made Eggplant "lasagna" that fooled everyone at the table.


Whew! That was arduous! I apologize if my blurbs were not as pumped as usual, and I really apologize if I've missed anyone. If I did, please let me know so I can add them to the roundup.

For some reason - blogging mystery - this is the second week that I somehow did NOT receive the most excellent entry from Freya over at Writing at the Kitchen Table. This time she sends an very intriguing Mac & Cheese. Sorry Freya, we'll have to figure out a better way to get your entries.

And how interesting is this...the other "lost" submission was also from the UK and also ...Mac & Cheese. This one is from Tinned Tomatoes and I'm so glad she was persistent. Now we also have this childhood memory version.


I will be adding late additions to this week's Presto Pasta Night until Saturday. Any I receive after that will be part of next week's PPN Event. So don't forget to join in with the rest of us Presto Pasta Nighters. It's easy and fun. Remember that ALL noodles dishes count as pasta and "presto" (ready) or "lento" (slow) are perfect. Find out how right here. In the meantime...Happy Pasta Eating!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky me! I just finished my entry.

Susan said...

I feel your pain, Ruth. When the tech stuff goes south, it's very draining. Even so, this round-up is a great grouping. Thanks for going the extra mile.

sher said...

Hey, what a great Roundup! I can't wait to go look at all the pasta dishes. Thanks for hosting this each week!

Dayna said...

Thanks for hosting such a great event.
I can hardly wait to check out all the entries!
See you next week!

Freya said...

Hi Ruth! I think you didn't get my email for the second week running! I am just not destined for the Presto Pasta roundup (and a great lineup it is too!!)!

Truffle said...

Thanks so much for hosting this great event Ruth. What a delicious looking roundup!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Hi Ruth,
Did you get the email with my submission?

Katie Zeller said...

What a wonderful collection of pasta dishes!
I think I need more days in the week to try them all - how to choose....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the round-up again this week! I love all the great ideas. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting all this together. My cookbooks are going to be retired for a while as I try some of these great dishes.

Ruth Daniels said...

Sorry it took so long to say thank you all for the kind words and, even better, the great pasta dishes you share with the rest of us.

What's up for next week? This time I'm actually going to use pasta in my pasta; ;-)

revenant said...

Amazing pictures...Makes me hungry :) Are all the pics taken by you?

Ruth Daniels said...

Mash, the pictures are amazing. Each picture is submitted by the person sharing the great recipes.

Thanks for dropping by.