Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Lazy Day and Roasted Chicken



I'm slowly settling into life in Halifax. Frankly, my body is still rejecting the move...knees and back hurt and I'm a little disoriented. This week is really just for me, so I'll be doing a little touring (not too much), a lot of reading on the couch (everyone is either working - my Honey, or travelling - Jo, Ez & Bo are off on a road trip for a couple of weeks to visit family in Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto) and, of course eating.

So I thought I'd share the laziest things I know how to make....a luscious roasted chicken that takes 5 minutes to prepare and then ignore - except for the fabulous aroma while it roasts itself into at least 3 different meals for the next couple of days. I'll just let the mood strike me....chicken sandwiches? frittata? stir fry? or just standing in front of the fridge to gnaw on the carcass.

Everyone has a favorite roast chicken recipe, and I'm no different. This recipe is a spin on an earlier one that I adapted from an episode of The Barefoot Contessa on FoodTV. So choose your favorite herb as a starting point and fill the house with a wonderful scent that says "Relax, all is well with the world!"

Oh...and did I mention that it's South Beach Diet friendly AND I get to have a second entry for Weekend Herb Blogging over at Kalyn's Kitchen! The star is still rosemary.

Related links:

1 comment:

s'kat said...

There are few things better than a perfectly roasted chicken.