Saturday, December 9, 2006

Feast of the Seven Fishes


For those of you who don't know me...I love cookbooks!!!

I can't help myself and my bookcases are exploding with close to 200 of them and an equal number of fabulous foodie magazines. Most of them are pure recipe books, some of them put the food into context - where they're from; their significance and history (I especially love my Jewish cookbooks that share a history through the ages). And then there are a few that are more of a "read" than a recipe book. Ruth Reichl, comes to mind. So I was very excited when I received a copy of Feast of the Seven Fishes. It's a glorious little book with an unblemished peak at Robert Tinnell's family Christmas, and trust me...I may not be Italian, but I recognized my family in almost every page! The main story is told in comic book format, illustrated by Ed Piskor and Alex Saviuk - Perfect!

And the recipes that follow look delicious. I plan on making all of them but I wanted to share this little treasure with you before the holidays. Check out their blog for more stories and recipes so you'll really see why it's a great gift idea for the holidays.

So as Robert and the rest of his gang says...Buone Natale!

Related links:

No comments: