Every once in a while a little diversion is a wonderful thing. Rosa of Rosa's Yummy Yums tagged me for this meme a while back. It’s not called bizarre for nothing and it’s so much fun. So here are the questions and my answers.
1. Take the first book that you find underhand, open it on page 18 and copy what’s written on the fourth line from the top:
Baking - From my home to yours– because I just wrote a post for Sara’s Cookbook Spotlight. Actually, page 18 is a gorgeous picture of chocolate-chocolate chunk muffins, so here’s line 4 of page 19 -
”¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter 1 tablespoon baking powder”. But you’ll have to buy the book to find out the rest of the ingredients. It will be worth it - trust me!!!
2. What was the last program you watched on TV?
Actually, we PVR (like TIVO) lots of shows. I watched an episode from Ghost Whisperer. My husband really isn’t a fan and he went to bed early suffering from a bad cold, so I took advantage.
3. Without verifying, guess what time it is.
11:00 am (I actually wrote this post yesterday, but am posting today, so my "editorializing" will be in red)
4. Now check what time it really is.
12:08 – oh my, time really does fly when you’re sitting at the computer.
5. Which noise can you hear apart from the one of your computer?:
I’m listening to iTunes randomly going through my library – right now it’s Huey Lewis and the News singing “Good morning little school girl” Now it's John Lee Hooker's "Hitting the Bottle Again"
6. When did you go out for the last time and what did you do?
Saturday night we went over to some friends for take out Italian and a video.
But tonight my friend and I are going to see Barbra Streisand in concert. I can’t wait. The concert was awesome. We had seats up in the Gods behind Barbra but the giant screen and fabulous audio made me forget that during the show. Her voice (I know you love her or hate her) was still so pure.
7. What are you wearing now?
It may be noonish, but I’m still in pajamas – I do my best thinking in the morning. Actually I’ve been writing since 7am, but it still feels like morning.
8. Before you started this meme, what were you looking at?
All the emails I’ve been neglecting.
9. Did you dream last night?
I don’t think so. At least I don’t remember.
10. When was the last time you really laughed?
I laugh and smile a lot, but the last big, can’t-catch-your-breath laugh was when we were in Halifax and my son-in-law was coming up with some strange names for the baby (due in January).
11. What’s on the walls of the room you’re in right now?
I’m in my office and there’s original art work from some of my favorite artists – Joey DAMMIT!, my sister, my cousin Sheldon Cohen (he animated film and illustrated the book The Hockey Sweater, among other things, and I have a framed cell). There are a couple of other artists as well, but not nearly as well loved.
12. Did you see something strange today?
Not yet, but the day is young.
13. What do you think of this meme?
Lots of fun and a great diversion.
14. What was the last film you saw?
Click with Adam Sandler (on DVD this past weekend). Last film in a theater – The Black Dahlia.
15. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would be the first thing that you’d buy?
Big trip with all my family and then a house with a PERFECT kitchen.
16. Tell us something about you we don’t know
When I’m not cooking or writing about cooking, I love to knit. Now I’m busy making baby stuff.
17. If you could change something in the world apart from culpability and politics, what would you change?
I do wish everyone was color and religion-blind. I guess it really is naïve of me to want everyone to get along and enjoy the differences rather than hate them.
18. Do you like dancing?
19. George Bush
I really don’t give him much thought at all.
20. Which name would you choose if you had a girl?
I had two girls– Joanna Deborah and Sharron Barbra and I like those names just fine. At the moment, Joanna and Ezra are thinking about Sierra Dawn if it's a girl.
21. And if it was a boy?
Well my favorite boy’s name is David and I was going to name Joanna Joshua if she had been a he. Joanna and Ezra haven't decided. He wants Duke - she says no way!
22. Have you ever thought of living in a foreign country?
Well my Honey would love to live in French Polynesia. Personally, I love living in Canada, but I wouldn’t mind a Pied a Terre in Paris and Bora Bora and do a ton of traveling anywhere else. There are so many awesome places in the world, it would be too hard to narrow it down.
23. What do you want God to tell you when you go through the doors of Paradise
24. Which are 4 other food bloggers you’d like to tag?
There are so many I'd love to know about, that I’ll just leave this open-ended and invite anyone who’s interested.