Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Crockpot Recipe & A Question

I thought I was on a roll with my new crockpot cookbook - Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbookand my old crockpot... I made these "Easiest Beef Short Ribs". The sauce was very tasty, the house smelled wonderful throughout the day as the ribs slowly simmered. All should have been well, but.....somehow the dish wasn't as tender as I expected. So for all you crockpot enthusiasts.......what did I do wrong? Was it because the sauce didn't completely cover the ribs? The meat at the bottom of the dish were tender and "fell off the bone" but the ones at the edges and top really did need a knife.

So, let me know what I need to do and I'll modify the recipe. You can email me at ruthAT4everykitchen.com or leave a comment.

I made a really tasty Moroccan style potato dish that I found at Is That My Bureka to sop up all the sauce and it was delicious all by itself.

My cousin brought this delicious Cherry Tomato tart with Manchego cheese in the crust. I'm not sure where she got the recipe, but if I know her, it's probably from Martha Stewart.


Recipe

Easy Crockpot Short Ribs

Moroccan Style Potato Carrot Kugel

Cherry Tomato and Zucchini Pie with Manchego Cheese Crust



Related links:

3 comments:

Nau-Dee said...

Those crockpot ribs look WONDERFUL!!!! Seriously, my mouth started watering!
The Lure of crockpot cooking is its ease of just put all the ingredients together and letting it cook. But since the ribs on the bottom were more tender than the ones on top (and the sauce didn't cover completely), perhaps stirring the meat once or twice during cooking may help redistribute for more even cooking???? I'm far from an authority on crockpot cooking, but its what comes to my mind. I'll me interested in knowing what others have to offer in advise. But the recipe does looks and sound really wonderful!

Sara said...

That tomato tart looks so good. I have 3/4 of a flat of tomatos in my basement waiting to be used up, maybe I'll try this.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link-up in your post, ruth. much appreciated [late, as it is .... ;p]

glad that you enjoyed the kugel as did we. i guess we should be thanking gil marks from whom the recipe came originally.

regards.