Friday, February 10, 2006

SHF - Dark Chocolate & Orange Tart for Romance


It’s a special Sugar High Friday event hosted this time by Jennifer at Taste Everything Once The focus is on “love inducing sweet treasures” and for me that can only be chocolate. Now many scientists have long studied chocolate to find out just why it gives us such a high. All very interesting facts and if you want to know more check out this web site.


As for me, chocolate is all about savoring the taste and the texture. That slow melt on the tongue that coats your whole mouth and has you moaning (well, me anyway). Now I happen to be married to the most romantic man ever. I’ve been getting roses every month since our first date - more years ago than I’m prepared to share. He thinks I’m sexy and beautiful even when my mirror is telling me something completely different. And guess what his favorite dessert is….chocolate anything. So I came up with this Dark Chocolate and Candied Orange Tart just for him. It will be featured in my upcoming cookbook - Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories - Recipes to Warm the Heart. I was going to make everyone wait for the book - but I'm feeling a lot of love and want to share it with you. Enjoy!!

Recipe



Related links:

14 comments:

Andreea said...

that is a beautiful shot!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a lovely tart! I adore dark chocolate. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us.

Sounds like you're going to have a lovely Valentine's Day with your romantic hubby, Ruth! But I would say he's the lucky one for having a sweetie that bakes treats like this tart!

Jennifer said...

OMG! Roses every month. You have a real keeper!

Thanks for taking part in this month's SHF.

Anonymous said...

Ruth,

What an incredible dessert! I have no doubts that you will be enjoying Valentine's Day with a creation like that!

Anonymous said...

i love the taste of choc and orange together...
is it ok to copy this???
valentines my man will be working late but he already got me lilies, star gazers, freeschias and some peonies to fill the flat while I gorge on my brulee.

Ruth Daniels said...

Sha, of course you can copy the recipe, just let everyone know where you got it.

And ladies - thank you all for your kind comments and for dropping by. I did have fun with this one.

Happy Valentine's Day all

Deetsa said...

I don't know which is making me sigh more-man or cake.

Kalyn Denny said...

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for the nice comments on my cheese sandwich announcement. I appreciate all my food blog friends so much.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I love the combination of orange and chocolate (especially dark chocolate). Great idea for SHF!

Joe said...

Ruth - this one definitely makes me want chocolate.... now!

Anonymous said...

Looks so delicious and smooth, Ruth!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! That slice looks heavenly! I love dark chocolate...and I do firmly believe that chocolate has special powers :)

You are lucky to have such a romantic guy! But he is also lucky to have someone who whips up heavenly delights like this! :) Enjoy your Valentines!!!

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks all for your kind words and Yes I am lucky to have such a guy and he tells me often that he's lucky too.

Joycelyn said...

hi ruth, what a gorgeous tart! i love the combination of chocolate and orange - your loved ones are very lucky folks!