Wednesday, January 11, 2006

More Ginger - Chili Chicken with Cashews over Scallion Ginger Rice

Based on comments and emails, it’s obvious that I’m not alone in loving ginger, so rather than wait I thought I’d share two more dishes from Nina Simond’s A Spoonful of Ginger. (After this you'll have to go buy the book and find your own favorites.) This combination has long been one of ours.



Chili Chicken with Cashews over Scallion Ginger Fried Rice
I usually replace the water chestnuts with snow peas because I love to add a little color to the dish.

Nina suggests serving this with a vegetable and steamed rice, but I love it over the scallion ginger fried rice.

Recipe

Short post, but delicious and that’s your ginger fix for today.

Related link:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This includes some of my favorite ingredients -- ginger, cashews, scallion, chile!

Thanks for the recipe.

Paz

Kristen said...

MMMMMM!!! Soy sauce, rice wine, toasted sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, chile paste ... I love it ALL. I've got to try this soon. Thanks for the great recipe :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! You have been cooking up a storm since I was last here, and that was only 10 days ago. Everything looks just lovely, Ruth, and your recipes are so interesting. I love every single ingredient in this dish, and all the others for that matter. Ha!

I tell ya, you ROCK, woman! :)

mae said...

Ruth, this is just so delish. One of my friends who owns a chinese restaurant used to cook me rice with ginger (anytime i say surprise me) and oh... beautiful. Ginger is so versatile, eh? I've just cooked up something with ginger last night. Actually, had it again tonight.

The chicken looks yum too.

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks ladies for dropping by and the kind words.

Who could not love ginger. I think it should be its own food group!

sailu said...

Ruth,you have posted my fav food recipes..:)

Kalyn Denny said...

This sounds just amazing.

Felicia said...

Ruth, I made this recipe last night and it turned out great. The ginger filled the kitchen with a wonderful fragrance. I have to find more recipes using ginger now. Check out my post about the evening: Chile Chicken.

Thanks for a great recipe and I am definitely going to check out Nina's cookbook.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I agree with the other comments about the mix of ingredients ... very tempting!