I’m so excited, Paz of the wonderful blog Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz has tagged me for a new meme - Meme In 4’s. Of course, being a woman of excess it was hard to come of with only 4 of anything, but here goes….
4 Jobs You’ve Had in Your Life (there have been more, but these are the 4 that stand out)
1. Workplace Learning & Performance Consultant (Fancy title for Training & Development Consultant)
2. Social Worker
3. X-ray Technician (it was a long time ago, I’m sure it goes by a fancier name now)
4. Bank Teller (my first paying job – other than babysitting)
4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over (how can I keep this to 4 – I love movies)
1. Casablanca (1942)
2. Armageddon (1998) I’ve seen it a million times and still cry at the end
3. An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
4. Tied: Moonstruck (1987), Scent of a Woman (1992), A Few Good Men (1992) Okay, I’m forcing myself to stop
4 Places You’ve Lived (actually it’s only three, but…)
1. Montreal, Quebec
2. Ottawa, Ontario
3. Toronto, Ontario
4. My daughter Joanna wants me to retire and live in Halifax to be near her – we’ll see, but that’s a long way off – plus it’s freezing there in the winter)
4 Websites You Visit Daily (there are way more than 4 as I spend an hour visiting so many fabulous food blogs)
1. NY Times
2. Stephen Cooks
3. Thesaurus.com (how many ways can you say “juicy”, “awesome”, “delicious”?
4. Local weather
4 Shows You Love to Watch
1. Law & Order Series (Original, SVU, CI)
2. CSI – all of them: Las Vegas, New York, Miami
3. Ghost Whisperer
4. Martha (on her new show she’s so personable)
4 Favorite Foods – get real – only 4!!!!
1. Seafood –especially lobster & shrimp (see how I’m side-stepping the numbers?)
2. Lamb – roasts, grilled chops, rack of, ground in patties & meatloafs….
3. Beef – grilled steaks top this category, but I’m a carnivore – I love it all ways
4. Chicken – see above
Everything else is just a side dish
4 Albums You Can’t Live Without – another challenge, so once again I’ve cheated and picked some of my favorite artists and chose their “best of” albums so I can squeeze more into the number 4
1. Hall & Oates – The Very Best of H & O - Sara Smiles is one of my favorite songs ever. Could it have something to do with my middle name?
2. K.T. Oslin – Greatest Hits – she is soooo cool and I love ‘80’s Ladies, it’s so me
3. Bonnie Raitt – Fundamental -she just keeps getting better and better
4. Keb Mo – Keep It Simple – awesome Blues man
4 Places You’d Rather Be – well it’s positively bleak, grey and freezing here now, so ….
1. Chile – it’s hot and my daughter Sharron’s living there
2. Greece – because I’ve never been and love the food, the culture, the gorgeous looking islands
3. Tahiti & French Polynesia – it was awesome the first time around. Next time I’d like to stay longer
4. Australia – I’ve always wanted to go there. I love the accents, the great chefs (Donna, Bill….)
4 People You Tag – this was hard too, because I love so many food bloggers and would love to know more about all of them, but I’ll settle for these 4 for now and hope others tag my other favorites.
1. Shauna of Gluten-free Girl
2. Kalyn of Kalyn’s Kitchen
3. Sarah Lou of One Whole Clove
4. Joe of Culinary in the Desert
Related links: The 4 Meme Food and Drink