Thursday, November 10, 2005
I’ve been visiting my favorite bloggers and some of them have been doing the confession thing (like Amy over at Cooking With Amy, Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen, Jeanne at Cook Sister, and David Lebovitz (if you love chocolate, you HAVE to check it out) apparently he started this meme). I thought I’d get in the act too.
1. I'm a voyeur - I love to peek into other bloggers worlds.
2. If I’m not cooking or eating then I’m thinking about cooking or eating.
3. I still love a McDonald’s quarter-pounder with cheese now and then.
4. I order take out often – not sure if it’s because of or in spite of the fact that I spend a good deal of my time these days at the computer working on my cookbook.
5. At least one whole shelf in my fridge is filled with condiments – especially mustards, jams and jellies.
6. I obsessively buy food magazines.
7. I never wash mushrooms (just brush off the obvious dirt).
8. I can’t live without fresh herbs and garlic – they go in almost everything I cook.
9. My spice cupboard is a mess and too scary to organize.
10. I really love my kitchen toys – almost as much as shoes!!!
11. No matter how many cookbooks I buy (I now have close to 200) I always want more.
12. I could eat meat three times a day.
13. When I’m alone I don’t do much cooking.
14. I hate making finicky little cookies. If I can’t just whip it up, spoon it on a tray, it probably won’t happen. They just get eaten too quickly!!!
15. As a late night snack, I’d rather eat a piece of cold chicken than chocolate.
16. I use my BBQ even in the dead of winter.
17. I’d rather cook for 10 or 20 than to cook for 1 or 2.
18. I love reading food blogs (I know I said it already, but it's worth repeating).
19. I love watching Jamie Oliver on TV. He’s my favorite.
20. I rarely use my mezzaluna – Nigella Lawson made it look so cool, I ran out and got one. But really – I use my 10” Henckels knife, it’s awesome.
21. I don’t know what I ever did before getting tongs.
22. I dream about having a huge kitchen with room for all my baking, cooking and roasting utensils with an even huger walk-in pantry for food stuff.
That’s what comes to mind at the moment, but I think I’ll keep adding to this list as I think of them.
What are your food confessions? I’d love to hear about them.