Sparked by a chicken recipe on Culinary in the Desert
Prep time: 5 minutes
Roasting time: 15 minutes or so
¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ - ½ tbsp chipotle in adobo, pureed (I used a little more than ½ and it was very spicy for us)
½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
More cilantro to make a bed for the salmon
2 salmon fillets, skin on
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
2. In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, cumin, chipotle and chopped cilantro.
3. Oil a baking dish large enough for the salmon and line it with cilantro. Then place the salmon, skin side down on top. Baste the fish with some of the orange juice mixture.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked throughout but not dry.
5. Once it’s done, remove from the pan, leaving the skin behind.I served it on a bed of roasted asparagus which I cooked in a separate dish for 4-5 minutes.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes