Grilled Lamb Chops
Prep time: less than 5 minutes
Marinating time: 4-24 hours
Grill time: 8-10 minutes or so for medium depending on how thick the chops are
2 leg of lamb chops (they’re bigger than teeny tiny rib chops) so if you’re going to substitute, you’ll probably need 3 per person.
1 tsp olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large zip lock baggie or flat container and add lamb chops making sure that the rosemary and garlic attach to all the lamb. Allow 4 hours on the counter or 24 hours in the fridge
2. Preheat the BBQ or broiler
3. If you chose the fridge method to marinate the lamb, leave it out on the counter to come to room temperature before grilling.
4. Grill chops over medium high heat (or broiler setting in the oven) for 3-4 minutes per side. If you are using rib chops which are usually cut thicker you might require an extra minute or so.
5. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil to release the juices and relax the muscle. You will be surprised at how much more tender it will be.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes South Beach Diet Low Carb Diet