Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally Started...My Cookbook Inventory Indext

And how many ways can you find to put things off? I have a million. But I finally did start my Cookbook Inventory Index. I just couldn't figure out how to organize it, and naturally it was much easier to just ignore it all together.

In the end, I decided to organize it like my bookshelves...by category (they do overlap, but...it's the best I can do) and then alphabetically by author...although some authors actually fit into more than one category...SIGH.

The newer posts talk about the book and link to recipes, but what about the older recipe posts where I just mention the book's title. Should I link to every recipe?

Anyway....it's a start but I'd love your ideas. Check it out and let me know what's a keeper and what's missing.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

I love this idea! I also organize according to category/authors within category--apart from catalogue numbers, not much else you can do! I don't know if it's just me, but the link to the index didn't work. :)

Ruth Daniels said...

Ricki...it was me. I inadvertently put it back in "draft". It should be working now.