Monday, December 8, 2008

Finally Meeting Dana McCauley

It's hard to believe that it was more than a year ago that I got a copy of Dana's Top Ten Table and had the chance to chat with her. And before I go on...I just want to say, that some of my best friends are people I've never met in person, thanks to food blogging! It's such a wonderful community that you really do feel like old friends in no time. When I went to a BlogHer Conference in July '07 (I can't believe I never wrote about the trip!), recognizing faces from photos on a blog and the squeals of delight we all had along with big hugs, reminded me of high school, college or camp reunions. It really was like catching up with old friends.

So I was excited when I found out that Dana was doing a whirlwind tour of Canada as spokesperson for a wonderful General Mills Project - Every Day Celebrations (more in a minute), and, more importantly - she was going to be in Halifax!

We met for coffee at one of my favorite little bookstore/coffee shops - Trident Booksellers & Cafe....there's something so Bohemian and cosy about it. And it was great to hang out for a while...as if we had just done this the week before.

After catching up on personal stuff, I got to hear a little about Dana's Value Meals Tour... Dana has worked with General Mills before on many a great project like Green Giant Essentials as recipe developer and spokesperson and this time around the focus is on bringing fast, easy and, most importantly, economical family meals, using General Mills products, of course.

Dana is visiting many cities across Canada helping everyone put together healthful, easy meals for $4, $5 & $10. Can't beat that! So check out your town and see if Dana's planning a trip. And tell her I said "Hi".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth - it was great to meet you as well! Thanks for recommending Trident - it is one of my new favourite places!

Ruth Daniels said...

Dana, glad you liked Trident, next time...well, I'll have to think about it.