Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mediterranean Omelet & Winter Comfort Food Challenge & WHB

Alicat of Something so Clever does a wonderful event called the Weekend Cookbook Challenge and this month the theme is Winter Comfort food. The first thing I think of when I hear “winter comfort food” is soup and I’ve already submitted one entry from a favorite cookbook of mine – A Touch of Ginger, by Nina Simonds - Ginger, Black Mushroom Soup .

In my house, all I want all winter long is comfort food. So I started hunting through my 100+ cookbooks for more of the same, and realized that there are as many food focused magazines on my bookshelves as there are books, and I value them just as much. So this morning when the newsletter email came from Epicurious.com, I couldn’t resist this recipe from Bon Appetit, because eggs are another one of my favorite winter comfort foods. I’ve even borrowed Tina Rupp’s gorgeous photo because mine didn’t look nearly as beautiful.

Photo by Tina Rupp for Bon Appetit Magazine

Oh, and because it's filled with wonderful dill and fennel, I get to be a part of Kalyn's Kitchen's Weekend Herb Event too. How sneaky am I!




Borrowed from Bon Appétit Magazine, January 2006 and check out the Creamy Bean soup that's on the cover - It's next on my list of warm and wonderful meals for cold and dreary days. Happy eatings.

Related links:

3 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Oh, this does look just wonderful. Bon Appetit is my very favorite food magazine. In fact, it's probably the one food magazine that I read every month!

Stephanie said...

I adore eggs and would happily have eggs in every dish! Very yummy and now it's making me want to make an eggy dish with dill tomorrow.

Ruth Daniels said...

Ladies, thanks for dropping by.

Kalyn, I couldn't agree more - other magazines may come and go, but Bon Appetit is always a hit.

MM, I know what you mean. Whenever I'm at a loss - I head for eggs.