Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Few of My Favourite Websites & Blogs

I thought I'd say a few words about some of my favourite sites and blogs. They are in no particular order, but they all make me happy. Whenever I get frustrated with the work at hand, I head to one of these for inspiration (and sheer fun).

I love Donna Hay All her recipes look wonderful (I have all her books and magazines). They are simple and taste great.

Anton Kozliks mustards are amazing. You have got to try them. My favourites are Lime & Honey, Horseradish, and Amazing Maple, but they’re all great. When I’m brain-dead and don’t have the energy to be creative, I just spread a little of their mustard on some fish or chicken and grill. A dab of Amazing Maple does wonders for a simple salad with a little olive oil and lemon juice or wine vinegar.


Jacques Pepin is….well there are no words, really. Check out his tips and technique section.

I can get lost in Jamie Oliver's site for hours. No one can outdo his enthusiasm!!!

At The Tangled Garden, they make the most wonderful jellies, vinegars etc. I tasted their scrumptious apple sage jelly at a One of a Kind Show in Toronto years ago and have ordered their stuff ever since. When visiting my daughter in Halifax we went to the country to do some apple picking and happened to pass by The Tangled Garden with its unbelievable kitchen and shop set in a spectacular herb garden. It’s worth the trip to Grand Pre, Nova Scotia an hour outside of Halifax. You’ll never want to leave

The the first blog I ever visited was Chocolate and Zucchini and I go back often. I love the style and the content.

I'd love to hear about your favourites.

No comments: